Delhi Public School, Durgapur offers excellent hostel facilities for outstation students. Boys & girls from class V onwards be admitted as boarders in separate hostels, within the school campus.
Some of the facilities include:
- Well Furnished Rooms – Students are provided accommodation is rooms furnished with individual beds with mattresses, study table, chair and wardrobe.
- Washrooms / Toilets – Each floor has 4 toilets & bathrooms.
- Dining Facilities – Boarders are served in a Dining Hall, in a clean and hygienic environment. Each student is provided nutritious diet in the form of breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and dinner. Purified cold and warm water (during winters) is provided to the students.
- Hygienic Kitchen – Meals are cooked under strict supervision in the most hygienic way. The menu is well planned, and special meals are provided on festival days.
- Medical Facility – The infirmary is run and managed under the guidance of qualified nurse. We also have tie-ups with few prominent hospitals of the city.
- Security – To ensure safety and security of the students, Security Guards are employed 24×7 and further boosted by CCTV cameras. in the hostel. Proper procedure is followed for issuing of Out-Passes and allowing visitors to the hostel.
- Wardens – Each dormitory is looked after by wardens and support staff.
- Hostel Rooms – A modern gymnasium is available for the Boarders.
- Sports & Recreation – There is excellent sports facilities for outdoor games like Football (floodlit ground with special turf), Cricket and indoor activities like Table Tennis, Carrom, Chess, Pool and more. Morning Yoga under expert supervision is an invigorating experience.
- Entertainment & Outings – A break over the weekend is welcome. We arrange screening of popular movies and projection of important sport events on the big screen in the campus amphitheatre. Once a month an outing is organised for the hostel students under the supervision of the Wardens.
- Angel Teachers – Apart from imparting knowledge teachers also fit into the role of facilitator, mentor and a disciplinarian. Keeping this thought in mind the school has started the concept of Angel Teacher for the hostel boarders. These teachers meet students regularly to delve into their daily ways and take care of their cognitive growth.
- Power Back Up – 24×7 Generator facility
- No Ragging – Ragging is strictly prohibited in the hostel. Punishment for Participation in/or Abetment of Ragging will lead to cancellation of admission. Hostel is not a right of a student rather it is a privilege given to a student.