Objectives of the Institution
The institute has a clear vision and objective, in the quest for being an outstanding centre for learning and development of human resource, which is conducive to the fast changing national and international scenario. It shall adhere to consistent policy to recruit highly qualified faculty specializing in various domains of Engineering and Architecture.
The institute shall be committed to develop as a value and need based quality education provider in India and the state of West Bengal in particular. Its ultimate goal is to produce qualified and competent manpower responsive to the changing needs of the society at the national and international levels. It seeks to stimulate and promote activities to strengthen professional competency of the students and faculty through: –
- Creating an environment conducive to learning and translating ideas into actions for faculty, staff and working professionals.
- Research and development.
- Continuous innovation of methods of learning, teaching as well as research and development.
- Promotion of Institute – Industry – Govt. interface.
- Serve as a centre for generation and exchange of ideas among students, teachers, research organization and the State Govt. so as to promote entrepreneurial culture among students and to assist them through expertise available in the other institutions.
- Devise schemes and methods for effective periodic evaluation of performance of projects, faculties, staff and students, internal evaluation through academic and administration audit committees.
- Take steps for facilitating appropriate environment in the institutions of education to achieve harmonious relationship among teachers, students and staff.
With the world moving towards the knowledge-based society, the importance of the “knowledge” has increased everywhere. The rich – poor divide, may as a consequence be turned to knowledge rich and knowledge poor society. In such a situation, the institute has a vital role to play in disseminating knowledge among the student community. The institute will try to its best to produce quality manpower. The institute shall promote strong link between its essential cultural values reflected in study of engineering and architecture. The institute shall seek to inculcate amongst its students a strong sense of pride in India’s extraordinary heritage and rich cultural values and ethics.